Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

March Faves

Hi guys!
We are almost to Friday! Hope your week is going pretty amazing. Today is a rainy day, which I looove. We need more here in Cali. So i'm staying warm and listening to Frank Ocean debating whether I want to go get a starbucks. *uhhm lazy*. Since we are still at the beginning of April, I figured you guys would like to see my monthly favorites from March. I didn't have a ton of things but these goodies below are the things I have found myself using a lot and loving. In the month of March, I feel like i've been a little makeup jaded, which to myself means, I haven't wanted to do or wear anything too crazy. Just wanted to get out of the house with a polished simple look. Hope you all enjoy this post. Tag me on IG so I can see all of your monthly faves. :)

Glamour Sponge by MakeupMae
This is my number one thing I have been using on my face everyday. There are many different things I LOVE about this sponge. One of the things I love most is that its so versatile. It doesn't only serve to do one thing. You can use this sponge for Foundation, Concealer, Contour, Blush, Highlight. It all just depends on the look you are going for. I run this sponge under water for a few seconds, and then put it into a clean wash cloth and squeeze all the water out, you do not want the sponge to be soaking. Just a little damp. The reason you use it damp is because it gives you the most amazing airbrushed finish on the skin. You can apply foundation light or build it up to achieve more coverage. If you use this sponge dry, it will just soak up all of your liquid product into the middle of the sponge which will waste a lot #aintnobodygottimeforthat. For foundation I use the fat end of the sponge and apply it all over the face. For concealer, I use the pointed smaller end of the sponge to fit into the smaller corners around my nose and under eyes. I use it with my Studio Fix Fluid Foundation and Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer.

Sugar Natural Lipgloss in 'Butterfly'
The perfect sheer light pink. Looks amazing alone, or on top of a nude lipstick. Plus it tastes like sugar.
  
This combo in particular is an obsession of mine!
MAC Lipglass in Underage & MAC WW in Marquise D' (lustre) 
I've been pairing these two beauties together a lot. Just a simple nude lip. Marquise D' is from the Wonder Woman collection for MAC. Its a peachy nude and its soo beautiful. It does wear off very quick thats why I add a gloss to the top. 

Morange (amplified) left
Watch Me Simmer (amplified) right

Just when you thought I was getting all boring on you with my nude lip colors. :)
Even tho ive been a little lame with wanting a little simplicity in my makeup routine lately, I have been feeling spring. It makes me want to wear bright vibrant colors. Thats where these two come in. You need these colors in your life. Just add a little concealer or lip erase, then apply the lipstick and your lips will POP!



Kelly Baker Brows
These products have literally became a staple in my everyday makeup. It simplified my brow routine and they keep my brows looking clean and fresh (even tho i'm in desperate need of getting them waxed). As you can tell I use the highlighter pencil sooo much. I don't have a sharpener at home big enough to sharpen it so until I get one I use the one at my moms house for now lol. The brow powder is so pigmented and fits so many brow colors. 


House of Lashes in Feline
Traded in my amazing Temptess and Noir Fairy lashes and i'm now in love with my Feline lashes. The outer corners are so thick and dark and is a beautiful finish to any look. 

MAC 35's


MAC Reubenesque Paint Pot
MAC Soft Brown e/s


NARS Blush in Orgasm
This blush was actually my very first purchase from NARS. Instantly I became addicted to all their products. Its a beautiful peachy pink blush with amazing pigmentation. It seems to have some gold in it which I LOVE and gives off a little bit of glow in the cheeks.


Nicole by OPI Glitter in 'Inner Sparkle'

OPI 'Rumple's Wiggin'




Enojoy!

xo kb

3 comments:

  1. Such a great post!! So happy you made a blog!! XO
    http://brittneyannexoxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi pretty girl! I love mac 35 s as well but can't find them! Where do you get yours?? Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your favorites! I am officially convinced I need a blending makeup sponge in my life, this is the first time I have seen this brand! Xox

    Cat
    MaybeBabyXo.com

    ReplyDelete