Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Coloured Raine Lip Swatches/Review


(wearing LipSynch Lipstick from Coloured Rain Cosmetics above)

Hey you!
How was your weekend? Mine was pretty great, spent all day Saturday with my honey and organized my vanity on sunday. Pretty low key. I've been soo busy helping with plans for my cousins Bridal shower in April as well as DISNEYLAND next week! Soo excited! Hmm... maybe I will run into some of you while i'm there? Going for a joint Bachelor/ette party, sooo much fun. I need vacay asap. 
So I started off this morning taking pictures of all the lovely lipsticks I had received from Colored Raine Cosmetics. I abs looooove all of the colors picture below. They are so highly pigmented and come in bright & stunning colors. If I were to compare the finish to MAC, I would say all of these lipsticks are Matte finish. In my opinion a little less drying than the MAC Matte lippies but equally amazing. These lipsticks go for $12.99 on www.colouredraine.com

Pros:
Long Wear - 
I was able to go from 8am to 1pm without really touching up (not including eating or drinking). After I ate I had to touch up.
Pigmented/Rich Color Payoff - 
With this lipstick, a little goes a long way. If you use a light hand with it then you will be able to get a lip stained look. If you apply it a little heavier then you will get a opaque and bright finish. 
Matte Finish - 
No shine and gives off a velvety appearance. The blue based Reds/Pink or darker colors compliment white teeth. 
Enriched with Vitamin E
Vitamin E is an antioxidant that will help protect lips from UVA rays.
Paraben FREE -
A great thing. A chemical used in cosmetics to preserve and keep the product fresh for as long as possible. It has been said that parabens can have an adverse effect on the body. 
Colors
Coloured Raine lipsticks come in a colorful range of options, thats what I love about them. You can get a classic deep red like Persian Pink (not pictured below) or if you find your self wanting a unusual statement color you can go for Werk! which is a dark teal-blue color.

Cons:
Drying/Non Moisturizing - 
I find that the consistency when applying can be a little dry.Brings out imperfections and dryness on wrinkled/chapped lips if you wear alone. Make sure to use a lip scrub, prime, apply and add some gloss for added moisture.
Scent -
This isn't even a big deal really because it doesn't smell that bad really. On the site it says its Cherry scented, but I find they have more of an 'Unscented' scent. If you know what I mean, you must think i'm crazy now. Almost smells a little waxy to me. Doesn't smell bad but it doesn't smell like MAC lippies with that yummy vanilla-y smell.
Stain -
This one could be good and bad. Depends on the person. Some people really love that when their lipstick wears off it leaves a gorgeous lip stained color. But if you don't like that, it took a little effort to get all the lip color off after an all day wear. If you put a little extra effort into scrubbing it off it comes off pretty easy. 

******

If you are on a *budge and can only buy 2, my recommendations would be Confection and X-Pose or Bajan Princess (uhhggg I can never narrow things down). Lol. But they are beautifullllllll.

Subtle Pink

Soft Baby Pink

Fuchsia Pink

Blue Based Pink

Electric Pink

Bold Plum

Lilac

Deep Purple

Teal Blue/Green

REMEMBER...


xo kb

1 comment:

  1. Arabian Night and X-Pose look amazing! I love lipsticks with high pigment payoff. It's unfortunate that they're drying, hopefully a good balm will help.

    ReplyDelete